Ingredients-2 lbs ground beef 85/15
sesame seed buns
1/2 cup of grated Monterrey jack cheese
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
season salt to taste
cracked black pepper
- ¾ cup of mayo
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup relish
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire
- seasoned salt
- Combine the ground beef, grated cheese, bbq sauce, and seasonings. Shape patties that are about 1 inch thick.
- Then it is very important to push a ½ inch indent into the center of the patty–this is what prevents the patty from becoming a dome. These burgers stay extra moist because the bbq sauce and cheese are mixed in with the meat.
- Wait for the skillet to get super hot and then apply a very thin layer of butter to the pan. Place the patties on the pan, indent side up.
- Reduce heat to medium and allow this side of the patty to cook for about 4-6 minutes, but make sure it doesn’t burn. Then flip the burger over and cook until done.
- For the sauce: Combine all ingredients and whisk until well mixed. Taste and adjust ingredients to your liking.
- Assemble the burgers and serve with avocado, lettuce or your choice of toppings!
For the corn on the cob, I just boil it about 5 minutes until it's tender and then put on the desired toppings.. (I use mayonnaise ;)
Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole and Baked Sweet Potatoes
Ingredients-3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, finely diced
3 stalks celery, finely diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced
2 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic
2 Cups shredded, cooked chicken breast
2 Cups steamed white rice
16 oz prepared wild rice (I get mine at Trader Joes, LOVE it)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
4 Tablespoons butter
1/4 Cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 Cups chicken broth
2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
Top with 1 1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil into a medium dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Saute onion, celery and carrots until softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in chicken, both rices, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Reduce heat to low.
2. To prepare cheese sauce melt butter into a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper then slowly pour in chicken broth whisking continuously. Whisk until thick and nearly boiling then stir in cheese until melted. Pour cheese sauce into rice mixture then transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with additional cheddar cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted through. Serve.
For the sweet potatoes, I put 2 in the microwave and cook them 8-14 minutes, and add desired toppings :)
(makes 2 loaves)
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups milk plus 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Cream together butter, 2 cups of sugar, and eggs. Add milk, flour, and baking soda. Put 1/2 of batter (or a little less) into greased loaf pans (1/4 in each pan). Mix in separate bowl the 2/3 c sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 3/4 of cinnamon mixture on top of the 1/2 batter in each pan. Add remaining batter to pans; sprinkle with last of cinnamon topping. Swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 min. or until toothpick tester come clean.
Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
Greek Yogurt Chocolate Muffins/Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffin
1 3/4 cup oats
3 egg whites
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or regular plain low fat yogurt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar or 1-1/3 tbsp. vinegar
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup hot water
1 cup sugar substitute like Splenda granular or 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. stevia (I use one cup regular sugar)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Line 2 (12 cup) muffin pans with cupcake liners or spray tin with non-stick cooking spray. In a blender or food processer, mix all of the ingredients together, *except for the chocolate chips. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth. Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/2 of the chocolate chips (Set the rest aside). Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans
. Place muffin tins in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove muffins from the oven, but don't turn oven off and distribute the other half of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin. Put muffins back in the oven and bake for another 2-5 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (mine took 14 minutes, but I only made 18 muffins and they were filled pretty full).
*Note, you could skip this step by putting all the chips in the batter and baking for 12-15 minutes straight. Or in my case, 25 minutes total.
|That's all I have for today! |
-The Happy Housewife :)